The symbols are protected by trademarks. Their use is dependent on a contract with GINETEX.
Keep yourself up-to-date...
The GINETEX care labelling system is based on the following principles:
- the uniform use of the symbols for the benefit of the consumer
- the symbols were introduced in order to avoid any misinterpretation by the consumer
- the GINETEX symbols are simple enough to be understood in all countries, irrespective of the language spoken, yet provide as much information as possible on the appropriate care treatments for textile articles
- in order to prevent irreversible damage, professionnals are responsible for the choice of care-treatment in their articles
- the GINETEX care symbols cannot be used separately and shall refer to all treatments in the order: washing, bleaching, drying, ironing and professional textile care
- the care labelling symbols shall be adapted whenever necessary to technical and economical evolutions but the changes must be limited to essential ones in order not to create confusion for the consumer